Scottish Parliamentary election - 6 May 2021
Information about the Scottish Parliamentary election on 6 May 2021.
The election gives you the chance to have your say on the Members of the Scottish Parliament (MSPs) you want to represent you at Holyrood.
The role of your MSP is to represent you on matters devolved to the Scottish Government. These include health, education, local government, social work, housing, planning, police and fire, criminal justice, the environment and sport and the arts.
You are represented by eight MSPs - one for your local constituency and seven for the larger electoral region where you live.
There are two Scottish Parliamentary constituencies that include South Ayrshire:
- Ayr - John Scott, Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party, was elected as MSP for Ayr on 5 May 2016.
- Carrick, Cumnock and Doon Valley - Jeane Freeman, Scottish National Party (SNP) was elected as MSP for Carrick, Cumnock and Doon Valley on 5 May 2016.
These two constituencies also form part of the South Scotland region, which is served by seven MSPs elected on 5 May 2016:
- Claudia Beamish, Scottish Labour Party
- Joan McAlpine, Scottish National Party (SNP)
- Michelle Ballantyne, Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party
- Emma Harper, Scottish National Party (SNP)
- Colin Smyth, Scottish Labour Party
- Paul Wheelhouse, Scottish National Party (SNP)
- Brian Whittle, Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party