Provost of South Ayrshire
The Provost of South Ayrshire is who was elected in 2017.
The role of the Provost is apolitical. The Provost carries out many and varied duties within the community and elsewhere as the First Citizen of South Ayrshire. The Provost:
- Chairs meetings of the council and ensures the proper conduct of business in terms of the council's Standing Orders.
- Acts as Civic Head hosting council events and attending other events as civic representative of the council and South Ayrshire.
- Promotes the council's profile and the wider community through public appearances at social, community, cultural and business events and through the media.
- Fosters networks with other organisations in the business and public sectors and with voluntary organisations, to support and enhance the development of South Ayrshire.
As well as Chairing the full council meetings, by virtue of this office the Provost also traditionally Chairs
- Town Twinning Forum meetings
- Culzean Country Park Joint Board meetings
- David Elder Edward's Trust meetings
Contact the Provost
The Provost's Office
Ayr KA7 1DR
Tel: 01292 616685