National Entitlement Cards
Information on applying for a new card or getting a replacement card.
Residents of South Ayrshire can apply for a national entitlement card under 3 categories:
- If you are aged 60 and over. View more information including reductions on alternative methods of transport
- Residents with a disability including applying for the companion element please visit the Transport Scotland website for further information. From the 1st April 2021 Parents/Carers with a disabled child aged 0-5 can apply for a NEC on the child's behalf if the Eligibility Criteria under Companion element is met.
- Young Person National Entitlement Card also known as Young Scot NEC for 11-25 year olds. For further information visit Young Scot or call The Young Scot InfoLine on: 0808 801 0338.
How to apply
You can now apply for a National Entitlement Card online. The online process has been created by the Improvement Service to make applying more accessible. To apply online the device you are using requires a camera and applicants require to have a valid UK Photo drivers Licence or a valid UK Passport.
To apply online you must be at least 12 years old and need to visit the Get Your NEC website where you will be taken through the process of setting up a My Account profile and then through the application process.
Other ways to apply
If you are unable to apply online please visit www.spt.co.uk/travelcards/concessions for more information on other ways to apply. If you require any advise on how to apply please contact customer services on the contact details below.
If you are looking to renew, order a replacement or update your photograph on your National Entitlement Card you can now utilise the online process introduced by the Improvement Service.
To utilise the online services to obtain your replacement card you must:
- Have a device that has access to camera
- Have a valid UK Photo drivers licence or a valid UK Passport to verify your ID
- Be at least 12 years old which is the minimum age to register for My Account
- Have a note of your 16 digit card number for all instances.
- Disabled customers also require to re-submit evidence of their disability
To take advantage of the online service please visit the Get Your NEC website and select Card Replacement from the top right hand side of the screen, if you have not done so already you will then be taken through the process of setting up a My Account Profile and then through the application process.
If you are unable to utilise the online service to obtain a replacement card please contact our customer services team, on the contact details below, for assistance.
Phone: 0300 123 0900
Young Scot Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All council offices remain closed in line with Government Guidance due to COVID-19 therefore if you require any advice or guidance please use the contact details above.