Grants and funding
Find out about grants, support and funding opportunities.
Scheme of grants
Champions for change
Champions for Change South Ayrshire Champions Board have launched our Stay Connected Fund. This fund is designed to support young people with care experience, aged between 14-26, with the impact of Covid-19 and the social changes that come with it. Young people can apply for up to £250 which will help them to:
- Cope with social distancing or isolation
- Improve or maintain their physical wellbeing
- Improve or maintain their mental wellbeing
- Help stay positive with creative outputs or activities
Due to the incredible response the closing date of the Stay Connected Fund is now Wednesday 20th May, 5pm deadline.
Download the. Applications will be screened weekly.
We have specifically ring-fenced some of this funding to invite young people to apply for £240.00 which will cover one year's worth of mobile phone data. We think this is a great deal and would encourage young people to take up this offer to help them stay connected.
If you or a young person have any questions about the Stay Connected Fund, please contact:
Tel: 01655 884882 or 01292 612626.
Participatory Budgeting (PB) is a source of funding for community groups in South Ayrshire. Local groups put forward ideas for projects, and local people vote to decide which projects receive funding. So it is more than asking people what they think- it's local people making the final decisions.
To find out:
- when your next PB Funding event will be held
- how your community group can get a chance to apply for funding that will help make a difference in your area
- and also get the chance to decide on which other community projects should be funded across your locality area
School grants and funding
- School grants and funding including clothing grant, school meals and school transport
South Ayrshire's Coastal Community Fund has been established to invest funds from the region's allocation of net revenue from Scottish Crown Estate marine assets out to 12 nautical miles across South Ayrshire.
Business and housing
Christmas funding to brighten up our communities this festive season
Community groups are being invited to submit bids to light up their streets for the first time, or to replace existing lighting displays or to introduce the sparkle of a Christmas tree in their area.
The Christmas Light Funding 2021 is now open for bids and community groups are asked to review the guidance notes and make an application.