Team Around the Child
The Children and Young People (Scotland) Act 2014 provides the legal framework to deliver the Getting it right for every child vision. A Child's Pathway was developed and agreed across Ayrshire. This includes Team Around the Child (TAC) which describes a group of practitioners who contribute to improving a child's wellbeing by having the child and family at the centre. TAC is proportionate to the needs of the child and is facilitated at different levels from the Named Person having a discussion with the child and family up to a Child Protection TAC.
The TAC model helps ensure that children receive the right help, at the right time by the right people resulting in:
- More appropriate inclusion of the child and their family ensuring their views are heard and respected.
- Fewer meetings for children and families to attend.
- Children, Young People and Parents being meaningfully involved in the Child's Plan.
- Improved partnership working and appreciation of roles and responsibilities.
- Getting it right for every child ethos and language is recognised across children's services