Allotment gardening is a relaxing, sociable and rewarding hobby. There are 6 Council-owned allotment sites in South Ayrshire. The reasonably-priced plots are a great way to get out in the fresh air and save money by growing your own fruit and vegetables.
Allotments contribute to many different agendas including healthy eating, sustainable food supply, healthy activity, educational purposes, reservoirs of biodiversity, fostering community links and green spaces.
Why not try your hand at growing your own fruit and vegetables? Most people have flower gardens rather than vegetable gardens.
If you are one of the growing number of people who is considering starting to grow fruit and vegetables there are a number of books that can be found at your local library to give a helping hand.
- Alloway - North Park [Show on map]
- Ayr - Craigie Park [Show on map]
- Ayr - Overmills [Show on map]
- Prestwick - Outdale Avenue [Show on map]
- Troon - Fullarton Woods [Show on map]
- Alloway : Allotment site annual fee is now: Full Plot £49.50 and Half Plot £25.25..
- North Park: Plot £25.25 and Raised Bed £5.05.
- Ayr - Craigie Park: Full plot £49.50, Half Plot £25.25 and Quarter Plot £12.12..
- Ayr - Overmills: Plot £25.25 and Raised Bed £5.05.
- Prestwick - Outdale Avenue: Avenue: Plot £12.12 and Raised Bed £5.05.
- Troon - Fullarton Woods: Full Plot is £35, half plot is £25 and a quarter plot is £20 annually, plus a one off fee of £5 which goes to Troon Allotment Society.
Rules and regulations
Council Allotments Annual Report
For further information contact us via this online form or telephone 01292 616672.
Remember, fruit and vegetables always taste better when you have grown them yourself!