As with many other services, South Ayrshire Council Licensing has taken steps to prevent the further spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), and to protect employee and public health.

We have altered the way in which we are working and as a consequence, staff may not be available to respond to your enquiry. We will respond to your email in due course.

Please note, due to staff currently working remotely, the general Licensing telephone numbers 01292 617682/3 will not be monitored.

During the current coronavirus (COVID-19) emergency, South Ayrshire Council has confirmed that all licences which are due to expire in the next 3 months will be extended for a further three months without the licence holder needing to take any further action.

The time limit for testing taxi and private hire vehicles is also being extended by three months, although licence holders should ensure that they maintain their vehicles in a road worthy condition.

These provisions will be reviewed again in due course.

The DVLA has advised that all vehicles due their MOT from 30 March 2020 will have their MOT extended by 6 months. This will continue until confirmed otherwise.

If you have any questions, please contact and we will respond to your enquiry as soon as possible.