Libraries, museums and galleries
Museums and Galleries
Good news! Our museums and galleries are open! Rozelle House, the Maclaurin Art Gallery and the McKechnie Institute will offer their normal opening hours and entry will remain free of charge. Visitor numbers will still be limited due to Covid restrictions so advance booking is recommended, but we can book you in on arrival if there is space in the gallery. To discover what's on visit our events calendar.
The Grain Exchange
Will be open for weekend markets from Saturday 1 May 2021 onwards. To discover what's on visit our website.
Our libraries have reopened. We have really missed our library members and would like to offer a warm welcome back to our customers. We thank you in advance for your patience in using our services during the initial period where we are introducing systems and processes that are new to us and to you.
We are working hard to deliver library services in these unusual circumstances and would ask that members show kindness and understanding to our staff throughout this period of change.
Our staff are on hand to help you and will do so from a safe distance and we have installed screening at all our service points to protect staff and customers.
PC access and printing
Our Public Access PCs are now available. Booking is essential. Bookings can be made up to 7 days in advance a library card and PIN is required. Phone your local library or book online.
Printing - Maximum of 5 free pages only.
Our library opening hours remain temporarily changed.
For a list of temporary operational hours and branch phone numbers, please visit our library opening hours page.
Please note that due to capacity restrictions Ballantrae Library will have bookable PC access available at the following times:
Mon 4pm - 5pm / Tues 3pm-4pm / Wed closed / Thurs 10am-11am / Fri 10am-11am
Our mobile library will be returning in a reduced capacity to communities across South Ayrshire from Monday 14th June 2021.
- contact the mobile library by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling 0797349523 or by requesting items using our online catalogue for the next visit
- we will take your requests for up to 10 titles, either by author or genre
- please bring your own bag to put your books in
- books can be returned in the drop box provided
To view routes, times and location please visit our mobile library schedule.
How you can help us
- only visit us if you are well
- only come to the library at the designated opening times
- book your PC access in advance to help us monitor capcity numbers in our libraries
- follow staff guidance at the door before entering
- observe restrictions on the number of people in each building at any one time
- follow directional signage in the library at all times
- observe 2 metre distancing at all times while in the library
- use the hand sanitiser provided before entering the library
- unless exempt ensure that you are wearing a face covering when in the library
- have your library card with you when coming to collect your items
- leave the library as soon as you have your items
Will be available at all our libraries. A maximum of up to 5 free photocopies will be given.
What we can't offer at this time
- Bookbug sessions
- close contact IT support
- events programme (we are still offering online events)
- sale of waste bags
- unlimited browsing time
- seating in libraries
- group visits (such as classes / Brownies / Guides)
- community groups activities
- limitless paid for printing and photocopying
- at this present time, we are unable to offer access to our local history department in Carnegie, however customers can still make enquires by calling 01292 286385 or by emailing email@example.com